Sunday, November 4, 2007

Trust Me!



This is it! The essential holiday dessert. You just need five simple ingredients in your pantry for tis the season. This wonderful chocolate bomb can be whipped up in quick order, from start to finish in just 30 minutes. It is so easy I can make it while visiting with guests after dinner, and serve it piping hot from the oven, with class and ease. What am I talking about?

HOT CHOCO POTS

Served with a simple scoop of your very favorite vanilla ice-cream and this does deserve the best. Use some elegant little spoons, because you want to slowly savor each little delicious chocolate laden spoonful. Warm, chocolate, rich and gooey! Kind of like a hot fudge cake, but better! Crispy on the edges, molten chocolate on the inside.

Recipe by Nigella Lawson:

Recipe:
Melt: over a double boiler gently, ¾ cups of semi sweet choc chips and 1 stick of soft butter (keep and eye on it, stirring) than set aside to cool

Mix: with a beater, 2 eggs, ¾ cup of sugar, 3 Tlb. of flour, I add the flour at the end

Than slowly add cooled chocolate mixture. Pour into 4 ramekins

Bake 400 for 20 minutes.

I double the recipe easily and can make smaller servings, just cut down on your baking time a little. I have served this 3x now, and I have decided 3x makes it a charm for sure.

I thought it would be fun to share. If you try it, let me know. I would love to hear your feed back. Everyone I have served it to so far loves it.

8 comments:

Jen(n) said...

okay two questions...
what is a double boiler?
and what is ramekins?

Reading a cookbook for me is like reading a second language!!!

Damselfly said...

Are you kidding?! This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

And thank you so much for telling me where to find Tim Tams. My last chance is going to be a British candy kiosk in a mall not far from here. :)

Barbara said...

Nigella Lawson - she is getting around obviously. Could just about taste that chocolate dessert.
Yes Oliver is my first and only grandchild. Waited a long time for this special stage of life. I was blown over by just how much I love him.
I have seen your darling grandbaby on your site.

a woman who is said...

Hey Jenn,

A double boiler can be as simple as a metal bowl resting over some gently simmering water on the stove. Just make sure the bowl is above the water, and just the steam is heating the bowl.

Ramekin is a little baking dish, re my picture, that you bake custard or a burnt cream in. Target has them on sale 2 for a $1.00 at the new opening in West Richland.

Barbara said...

You will be able to see my favourite types of garden eventually when I get to posting on them. Usually they have lots of shrubs and flowers.

Vee said...

Ohhhhh, that does sound wonderful!

I'm just following you back from Barbara's where you asked what would be her favorite garden and then casually mentioned that you should write a post on yours. I hope you do!

Jen(n) said...

oh...
thanks! If only all cookbooks could talk back to you. I feel smarter already.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy thanks for posting the receipe, Pat was just asking if I got it from you, we loved it and want to serve it to our guests in the future. :)

Sis

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Playlist