Thursday, August 17, 2017

Recent Paintings

Oil Paintings 2016-2017

Lavender Fields Forever 12x16

I have been spending sometime learning the art of  "Plein Air" (a french term for painting outside, plain air)  in the last couple of years. All of the landscapes have been started in the field and finished in the studio.  I hope to get faster at this process and complete the paintings in the field.  The roses are done from photos from my garden this year. It was a spectacular year for roses.

I will be in two art shows this fall.  One in Joseph, OR  Sept.14-17 where the waterfall was painted last year. The second show will be on Red Mt. at Hamilton's Cellars for the 509Tour de Arts show Oct.20-22.  This winery will also be hosting our Tour de Arts Paint Out

Below are some of the paintings I will be exhibiting.

Tapteil Winery 8x10

Red Mountain View/Tapteil 11x14
SOLD
Wallowa Waterfall 9x12
SOLD
June Rose 2017 16x16

 Light Pink Rose 2017 16x16

4 comments:

melissa said...

Oil! I never could venture out of acrylics. Wasn't brave enough. These are spectacular and your work has 'a look'. They make me happy. :)

a woman who is said...

So nice to hear from you Melissa! That makes me so happy that my paintings make you feel happy! I just took a workshop where the instructor said the first thing you need to do when you start a painting is figure out your concept and stick with it through out the painting. On that particular day he looked around at the gorgeous sight we had of the Oregon Coast and said his concept was "Happy". I ended up buying that painting because of many reasons but he had me at Happy =) These paintings were down before this workshop, so I am pretty encouraged that my paintings already say "happy". You have just made my day =) <3

Charm and Grace said...

Cindy, your paintings are just beautiful, and I am so excited to see that you are blogging again. I have been doing a lot of drawing but not much painting... I am wanting to get back to painting and hope I will be able to do that very soon. I have had an eye surgery this summer and have recovered well, so I hope that after I get caught up on my commissioned work that I will be able to do some painting. Yours is inspirational!

a woman who is said...

So sorry to hear about your eye! That is scary especially for an artist. I am glad you are recovering well. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Playlist