Sunday, March 1, 2009

A word in season...

The earth shown in it's truest colors


Part I
(Following is some insight I was receiving from my January devotions.)

I must admit that Jame 1:2 has not been my all time favorite scripture. Over the years God and I have had quite a few conversations about this one being in the Bible. I am now finding this whole passage to be speaking a timely word...considering the times we are now facing.


Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides.You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way. If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believing, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open. When down-and-outers get a break, cheer! And when the arrogant rich are brought down to size, cheer! Prosperity is as short-lived as a wildflower, so don't ever count on it. You know that as soon as the sun rises, pouring down its scorching heat, the flower withers. Its petals wilt and, before you know it, that beautiful face is a barren stem. Well, that's a picture of the "prosperous life." At the very moment everyone is looking on in admiration, it fades away to nothing.

Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. James 1:2-12 The Message

That is certainly the cry of my heart, and my prayers for all of us. To be able to meet the challenges and tests ahead with the love of God, and the reward of life, and more life.


Part II

Following are some scriptures that have been speaking to me this week on what appears to me to be the same subject. I believe what we are facing as a nation, and many of us in our own personal lives can look very intimidating at times. But God is continually reminding me He's got it. He is in control. He will work it all out for good. I know many of us are dealing with trusting God right now, for immediate and future needs. I believe the journey He is taking us on is for our benefit and for the personal and corporate victory we so need as a Nation Under God...


Rev 3:13-19 "Are your ears awake? Listen. Listen to the Wind Words, the Spirit blowing through the churches." Write to Laodicea, to the Angel of the church. God's Yes, the Faithful and Accurate Witness, the First of God's creation, says: "I know you inside and out, and find little to my liking. You're not cold, you're not hot--far better to be either cold or hot! You're stale. You're stagnant. You make me want to vomit.

You brag, 'I'm rich, I've got it made, I need nothing from anyone,' oblivious that in fact you're a pitiful, blind beggar, threadbare and homeless. "Here's what I want you to do: Buy your gold from me, gold that's been through the refiner's fire. Then you'll be rich. Buy your clothes from me, clothes designed in Heaven. You've gone around half-naked long enough. And buy medicine for your eyes from me so you can see, really see.

The people I love, I call to account--prod and correct and guide so that they'll live at their best. Up on your feet, then! About face! Run after God!

God doesn't want us to put our hope in anything but Him. Sometimes it is the very strength of our own abilities and talents that take our trust and faith away from God and into a false sense of security.

The scripture that keeps standing out to me for this season is in James 1

You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

2 comments:

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Just a great word. I have always been comforted by James 1. I guess I have been in the process of tests and challenges for so long that it helps to me realize that He is going to bring me to maturity.

Anonymous said...

Cindy you have great insight. The body of Christ is in a place where we are being trained for bigger battles. Small battles, small victories,, Great battles Great victories God want us to be champions and have great victories.
Blessed be the LORD my Rock,Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle—Ps 144
Blessings,
Cecille
ps loved the lesson on espresso too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Playlist