Saturday, January 30, 2010

What's Blooming on Your Windowsill?



Somebody who reads my blog (Melissa) really likes the photo of my kitchen sink :)  She even sugusested I use it for my header since she visits my blog to view the picture I had posted about my bulbs.  I am happy to oblige Melissa, but hope you don't mind a more recent photo of my sink =>
 I was getting sick of my winter header too.  I am in the process this weekend of taking down the last of the winter decorations and moving towards spring. It started on Friday when I came home from Costco with a lovely bunch of pink Gerbera daisy's.  This is the time of year I need flowers and plants indoors.  As you can see from my window sill/sink picture the great out doors is still in it's shades of drab browns and grays.  I am so getting the itch for spring.

For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land    S.S. 2:11-12

..yeah  that is what I am talking about :))))

Narcissus in full bloom

My narcissus are done blooming as you can see on top, on the left of my header picture and need to be put out in the garden soon. Above is a picture when they were in full bloom.

 I have snuck outside on a few warmish days and pruned a few roses.  I quickly found out I needed some new pruning sheers.  Perhaps a trip to the hardware store for some pruners and just maybe they will have some primroses available...something with color....soooooon :)


So what is blooming on your windowsills?

10 comments:

Judy said...

Well...a few primulas...an orchid...and a pot of spring bulbs. I too am welcoming in the spring blooms!

And I bought my beginner's watercolour supplies...that's a start!

podso said...

I just put Goudge down to put the pizza in the oven. Love the gerbers on the windowsill! Melissa had a good idea. We are in the midst of a mini snow storm here, I'm sure spring will show it's face before long, as it did last week.

Anonymous said...

All I have is some bamboo in a vase with rocks. I want some bamboo outside so bad but it will not grow here, so I have it inside. Your is beautiful.
QMM

Vee said...

Oh, Sweetie, there's not a thing blooming on my kitchen windowsill. BUT! I do have a blooming Christmas cactus on my bedroom windowsill...prolly doesn't count.

Your windowsill looks a lot like spring...glad that you were able to get outside and prune some roses.

Just a little something from Judy said...

My kitchen sink does not have a window sill, but yours sure looks springlike. You have inspired me to start thinking Spring. It is so bitter cold here that I did not have that on my mind. I look forward to seeing things start to bloom.

Hope you are having a relaxing day today.

melissa said...

You tickle me! And LOVE the photos! Interesting to see the differences in the plants you have on the windowsill in each one...and the lighting is exactly the same in both. I love 'em. :)

Knitting Mania said...

Nothing, pout!

Barbara said...

Interesting the way you USA folk decorate for different seasons. I only change things if the fancy takes me and usually it is to declutter.
The white Cyclamen looks so pure.

Charm and Grace said...

We visual types (artist) do need our infusions of color, don't we? I have done so many sketches of homes over the past three months that I am dying to dig into a really colorful painting. I plan on doing that very soon. Loved seeing the shot from your kitchen window. I went back and read some of your previous posts, too. I loved seeing all the pics of PT and baby Avey from Christmas. Sooo precious. And loved reading your sentiments about being ready to "Go"... I am not guite an empty nester, but want to be right where He wants me to be, too... whenever, whatever, and whereever.

Blessings,
Christi

Anonymous said...

What a cheerful windowsill. And fresh flowers: they add a quintessential touch, any time, any where, don't they? Just lovely.

Our narcissus...well, we bought the bulbs before Christmas, but I just started them a few weeks ago, so they're only an inch or two high. We're a bit pokey this year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Playlist