Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Random Things in my Week

I bought my husband his own blue gloves =]

A few days of temperate weather again had me heading out for a moment here and there to prune a rose bush or two.  It is rather funny to me knowing that this is hardly anyone else's idea of a good time, but it is really one of my favorite things to do.  I  love shaping and training new growth in just the direction I think it should grow. Whether it is a rose bush or a tree,I just love to prune.
pruned rose bush on the left...a thing of beauty
 Yesterday after class I stopped by Big Lots to see if they had their spring garden supplies in.  I had so much fun buying these simple garden  basics for my up and coming spring fling with mother nature.  I know some women are ecstatic about buying new shoes or perhaps a new bag.  Not me...I have pink garden gloves and brand new pruners...it doesn't get much better than this for me in the area of simple pleasures =]

This is another funny thing that happened this week.  I received a watercolor pan paint in the mail that had been back ordered with my original order.  This is how it was delivered to me...
What was in the BIG box...the little water color pan paint on the right =]
A padded envelope would have been over the top for me.  What could possibly be going through peoples heads?  I would like to tell the owners of this business that they could save a bit of money by a small adjustment to their shipping methods, never mind the environment for crying out loud.

8 comments:

melissa said...

LOVE your pink gloves, but you take the cake with the mail order you got? What are people thinking? Just blows my mind.

*but I get to see your windowsill in the back of the shot!*

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

I can tell spring is just around the corner! All the gardeners are getting ready...

That was certainly overkill on the mail delivery wasn't it! LOL

Vee said...

Oh goodness! I thought the box was empty! Yes, I think you need to have a little chat with that outfit. Did you have to pay for shipping?

Great finds at Big Lots! It's so true...different strokes for different folks. Pruning is so not my thing. I do it, but I hate it. I'm sure that there's a difference in the outcomes, too.

Judy said...

It looks like you are all set...to garden and to paint! I'm smiling about the packaging.

And I'm wondering what the backdrop for your glove photo is....maybe a tablecloth? I like it.

Knitting Mania said...

Wow...funny!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

You had a fun week receiving so many wonderful items. I just had to tell you I tried again to get through the Sweet Potato book. It must be something about my brain. I just can't seem to get into it. I think it's the way my brain works. The letters shifting around all the time. I just can't flow with it. I seem to think in pictures and this is too choppy for my brain. Also I love your new gloves.

Barbara said...

Pruning my favourite job but it will be some time yet here, especially as we have had snow blizzards all day. Not settling though - too wet.

Anonymous said...

I am so not ready to think about spring gardening yet...quite unusual for me in February. We are having such a peaceful winter stillness here: "it is not death, but plenitude of peace..." :-). But I am loving the geraniums and fairy roses on the window sill...pinks and reds in time for Valentine's Day!

Regarding the shipping box...I often receive tiny things in largish boxes from Amazon. I'm thinking that tiny things in tiny boxes get lost in the mail too often...just my theory...and we reuse all packaging that we receive.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Playlist