Monday, July 25, 2011

Road Trip

You would think from my blog I am very much a homebody. I am pretty content flouncing around my garden all summer long, but once in awhile we do have to leave. For those of you that like to see the sites, here is a photo journal of last weekend's trip to Seattle.  I will have to break this into two parts.

This is the wedding we were attending...sixty thousand groomsmen and brides maids...lol...there were actually twelve of each, but as they began to line up the crowd started to giggle.

Above is my gorgeous daughter Meg. Below are the gorgeous bridal bouquets...I am like a humming bird...drawn to flowers everywhere I go  =)
 We will start our tour with Saturday morning in downtown Seattle on a fairly sunny morning.  We had breakfast with the family at Portage Bay. Then Jenna Dear wanted to do some shopping while the grand girlies went to the Seattle Science Center.
After shopping I wanted to wander down to Pike's Market.  I think this may be one of the most photographed signs in Seattle. 
 Post Alley on the way down to the market. Wished I had more time to explore.

My nose found these first, nothing like the scent of sweet peas.  I must remember to grow some next year!  Can you believe that price?
Truth be told...all I really wanted to do at Pike's Place Market was to see the flowers!
Behind the scenes




Do you see the prices on these giant bouquets?



Jenna Dear and Dan in West Seattle. We were stopping by to say hi to Jenna's new boyfriend who was working here at the time.  Wow... we had quite an adventure getting there from downtown.  Let's just say even the GPS was stumped  =I   The coffee was amazing though I must say.

Typical inner city detours and a big what have you mess.

Stay tuned for Part II...no more flowers I promise

3 comments:

Judy said...

Weddings are the best excuse for road trips. And I see you always manage to 'take time to smell the roses' along the way!

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the wedding with '60,000' attendants!

Vee said...

Wow. That was some kind of a wedding.

Beautiful flowers...simply gorgeous and the prices were so low. You must have been in your glory!

Barbara said...

Enjoyed the tour, 12 bridesmaids !
That is more that Princess Diana!

All beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Playlist