Friday, August 5, 2011

Woops...New Road Trip

view from my sister's house in Montana
I have been soooo busy cleaning, cooking and decorating around here!  Family from New Hampshire flew in last Thursday.




 We had a day for jet lag and then drove over to Montana...oh yeah like a little hop skip and a jump =/   In Montana we gathered at my sister's place with yet more family from Florida.  This was as close as we get to family reunions.
 Glacier National Park another hop skip and a jump LOL!

Logan's Pass
 Cousins
 Men heading off for serious hike up glacier


Women stayed at the bottom of the snowfield and enjoyed the scenery ...we were all wearing sandals =)
 Glacier Lilies
Morning boat ride on Lake McDonald


Cousins from Florida, New Hampshire, Montana, and Washington
I have a ton of photos from this trip.  The scenery was just amazing every where we looked.  This park deserves a week to begin to investigate it all.  I must go back for a third trip someday.  Truly a beautiful spot on the planet. 

We stayed at the Belton Chalet.  The first lodge built before they even started the park.  It was so charming and I was so exhausted I didn't even think to take a picture.  Check out the website if you want. Click Here  The food was amazing too!

6 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

A part of the world I never saw and what a gorgeous part it is! You give a whole new definition to "family reunions" when you meet a place like you all did. The photography is amazing! Thank you for sharing your family with us.

Judy said...

It looks like a great 'cousin reunion' in the most beautiful of places!

Vee said...

What a fun gathering of cousins. Beautiful pictures of your travels and how unfortunate that you didn't get out at Logan's Pass. ;D
Just teasing...

Barbara said...

Breath taking and thanks for the trip. The view from your sisters house is something too.

Now why did the ladies not go up the glacier I ask?

Wonderful to have close family like that and you do all look as if you are having fun.

Jet lag within your own country. I guess you live far enough away from each other on different sides of the continent.

Looking forward to more of the photos.

a woman who is said...

@Barbara

Good questions Barbara. It is an all day affair to fly cross country and we loose or gain 3 hours in time zones.
The ladies all stopped at the first sign of snow because they had on sandals. I went over three snow banks and then when I saw the large snow field, I was almost willing to get my feet wet, but I knew the traction would be awful and I didn't want to go splat. Lots of folks were using ski poles and hiking gear. It was up a mountain =) We were not obviously prepared. The snow is usually gone in August up there!

We are having such a good time!

Knitting Mania said...

And what a time we had,there's nothing like family. We had a whirlwind of activity along with late nights and early mornings. Besides all the Montana sites, we then gathered back at Cindy's (WA)for more fun...wine tasting, need I say more...more posts to come of this amazing week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Playlist