Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cranberry Bliss



Well it has been the month for bugs. First I got a virus, now my laptop is full of bugs! I am here stealing a few minutes on my hubby's computer, to make at least an appearance in blogland.

I am busy with getting ready for Christmas, decorating, shopping, and all that goes along with the season. I always find myself in quite a dilemma. I hate to start fussing with Christmas preparations before December. Just not my thing to think about Christmas in July, but...then I always find myself in the middle of the month, woe unto me. Wishing I had done all the hoopla before hand, so I could just relax and enjoy the all the Holiday Cheer, and the Reason for the Season, my dear Lord Jesus!
Soooo.... here is one goodie for you all. Can you believe I just tasted for the first time last week a Starbucks "Cranberry Bliss" Oh YUM! So I went hunting on the Internet for some similar recipes, and pulled a few together and here is what I have come up with. These are my new favorite Christmas treat. But I must warn you they are very rich!

Cranberry Bliss

1 cup butter
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. orange extract
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp.ground ginger
1/2 of an orange zested
1/4 tsp of salt
1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
cream butter and sugar and all...then add:

2 cups of flour
3/4 cups of dried cranberries
1/2 a bag of white chocolate chips (l lb bag)
Bake in a 9x13 dish at 350 for 30 minutes or so...don't over bake, these will come out chewy like a brownie.
Frost with :
4 0z. of cream cheese(1/2 pkg)
3 cups of powder sugar
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. orange extract
and a little juice from the orange you zested to thin the cream cheese frosting just enough to spread

Frost after completely cooled in pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of chunks of white chocolate, (I used a white chocolate bar for this ) and about 1/2 cup of roughly chopped dried cranberries.

I cut the pan in half the long way, and then cut into bars. After I removed the bars I cut them into triangles.

What are you baking new this year????

I just peeked out my front door...first snow! Somethings make you feel like a kid again!
This is looking out from my front door, I am resisting the urge to go for a midnight walk in the first snow...it is very cold out brrrrrr!


Blessings to all!

10 comments:

Pappy said...

Glad you are back among us both physiscally and electronically. That's the perfect receipe for my New Year's diet plan. You should try the Christmas light ball for your display. Just take a string of lights from last year but don't untangle them, just hang them from the eaves just like you get them out of the box. The neighbors will love you. Pappy

Vee said...

Hmmmm, I'm finding it a bit odd that both you and your sis are experiencing troubles with the computers. LOL!

What a nice header! Puddin' Toes looks so darling with Grandpa.

I'll be snagging this recipe. We love cranberries and eat them often. Rich? Rich as Rockefeller? Why, that's my middle name! (jk)

MARIA said...

I love this new top pic. Amazing!
And your Christmas decoration is beautiful.

Thanks for this sweet, yummy recipe!

God bless you and your family!

Judy said...

Guess what I'm planning on baking this week? That dessert looks so good (an I like your dishes as well)! Thanks for sharing!

It definitely looks Christmassy at your place. May you enjoy the season...and may all your 'bugs' be gone.

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

The snow looks so pretty. We have only had flurries on the 1st. Avery wants some for Christmas, so I'm hoping for some then. That dessert looks wonderful! Put cream cheese on anything and I love it. I haven't started Christmas shopping yet. I always wait until the end. I always find what I need to buy. We have a small family so I guess not everyone could do that. I'll bet P.T. will love Christmas this year. She's such a beauty. I'm glad you are doing better. These winter bugs are something. Hang in girl!

Charm and Grace said...

This recipe looks too yummy! I am baking the same old favorites this year... nothing new. However, last year I made a peppermint red velvet cake that was totally scrumptious. I may try to post recipe and pics when I get a minute. Hope you are having a blessed Christmas season!

Christi

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Thansk so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment about the birth of my grandson! We are so thankful for him. Your grand is so adorable!

Good luck with your computer problem -- I've been there too awhile ago and my husband had to delete eveything and reformat. Such work and frustration. I always make sure my virus program is up to date after that experience!

Hugs, Pat

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you just tried CB bars! Aren't they great? I love them but once I found out they have ginger, I can't eat them anymore, but if I use your recipe and leave it out, yay!!! So I am going to make some for us. thanks. Miss you lots. Love those pictures of PT.
Here is my contribution to new treats. very addictive...
Don't know what to call it either.
1) Make 3 bags of microwave popcorn, (not the ultra buttery kind, that is too rich
2) melt 1 large bar (pkg) of white Almond bark, or 2 of the 12 oz bags of the white choc chips
3) pour melted almond bark over the popcorn, mixed with a 10-12 oz can of cashews, and a 9 1/4 oz bag of fritos...cool and break up
It will disappear before you know it! mmm
Helen

Strider said...

That was a tasty desert.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Hope the bugs get straightened out soon! Your Cranberry Bliss looks quite blissful.

I loved the snow in Seattle when I was there....it had been decades since I last saw it snow. So pretty, and so cold! But fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Playlist