Friday, May 30, 2008

Won't you come into my garden? My roses would like to meet you!

I love this moment when the roses start to peek. I am really getting a feel for this garden and have been working, working hard all week. I have irises yet to rearrange, but things are looking good. I know my labors won't be evident for at least a year. What I see this year is a result of the first two year of gardening on this land. Isn't that such a spiritual application? What we sow now, we will reap later. I have much patience for this sowing and harvesting when it comes to my garden. I wish it would carry over into other areas of my life. God and I have been working on that lately...


So come take a peek and look around at some of my blossoms.



We have also been under construction this week!!! We are having a block wall built, that looks like rough stone on one side. (Cultured stone) This week Pasha has been digging, and digging, one young man digging for two days. Bless Him! We then had the concrete poured for the foundation. And sometime next week there will be a wall. Today they actually delivered half of the blocks...but not all from the same dye lot as we requested...several times, to the contractor, to the store, and now they are dealing with the manufacturer...as in all things construction, human error tends to abound. We are in no big hurry, just excited to finally see our little patch of earth get a few boundaries. Don't worry we are not fencing our back view. We just have some awfully close neighbors on these little city lots. As some of you have commented though, things look and feel much more expansive because of our back view.

Foundation poured
Blocks delivered...
Sorry I have been missing you all a bit in blog land this week. Next week will be busy too. Can you believe I have 1 wedding, 2 bridal showers, and a baby shower this weekend, never mind all the graduations. Amazing!

Sounds like a movie, A Wedding, 3 Showers, and a Graduation…sappy joke I know :] But that's how my silly mind works....................................................
" What was Paradise? But a garden, an orchard of trees and herbs, full of pleasures, and nothing there but delights." William Lawson

6 comments:

Nadine said...

Your garden is coming along very lovely. It has been busy. I hope you enjoy all the showers.

Strider said...

Your lawn looks great!....and the flowers too! I got the lawn seeded today. Just about finished with the big stuff. Looks good. You and Dan will have to come over. I had trouble with some retaining wall blocks. I picked up blocks 2 different times, same block, but different colors! I loaded and unloaded, and loaded 50 blocks in the pick up. It was a pain for sure. Blessings...and I won't see you at the showers......

Knitting Mania said...

Busy, busy this week I see. Good luck with your wall, it will be so nice when it's finished.

I have a surprise for you at my blog, come and take a peek.

Barbara said...

It is so beautiful and maturing so quickly. Looking forward to seeing the new construction.

Busy weekend.

Vee said...

Oh my! You are going to be crazy busy! And what is this about your labors not being evident for another year? I see evidence of labor all over that garden and it looks incredible as a result. Just lovely, my friend!

Dorothy said...

Your garden is so beautiful and I can see all of your labor is paying off and quickly...your lawn is so green and lovely also. The soil must be quite fertile and your thumb I know for sure is very "green"....thank you for sharing with us such gorgeous photos :)...hope you and yours are have a wonderful Lord's day...Dee Dee

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Playlist