Monday, July 20, 2009

Cannon Beach

View from our hotel balcony

We arrived Sunday night at the beach after an interesting weekend. Our first night in Portland Eden threw up, the next day Tyler, then Meg, Dan, Jenna and I proceeded to be sick. It seems it was the 24 hour something. Not quite how we intended to spend the weekend :) The kids dragged themselves to the wedding activities they were attending and slept, watched babies and movies till we recouped. Sunday morning we headed out to the Portland zoo, and were finally able to have some fun together. It was a perfect day in Portland, sunny but not to hot.
Eden's rented zoo stroller was a car, and she was thinking that was pretty cool. It was fun showing Eden all the animals she had learned about. Tikka the elephant was a big hit.
We are here now at Cannon Beach and the weather is perfect. I love this little beach town. It has all the charm and feel of Cape Cod...well as close as I am going to it in the Pacific Northwest. One big difference is that the water is too cold to swim in unless your the polar bear type.
This town is filled with flowers everywhere you go. All the shops are charming and the flowers are tucked in every nook and cranny and down every hidden path or main street. I of coarse enjoy this thoroughly.
Every where there is a shop there is a nice bench for the husbands to sit on while their wives shop and they attend to their blackberries :)

I wish my hydrangea's looked like this







We parked our car at the hotel on the beach and we haven't had to use it since. We are smack dab in the middle of this town. Everything you could want is with in walking distance. Last night we went out to grab a coffee at our favorite coffee shop in town Bella . After an interlude there we stopped and listening to some live music at Pizza a Fetta . Then we strolled to dinner and had fresh grilled blackened halibut...yum! After dinner we grabbed a bottle of wine at the market and a Haagen-Dazs ice cream bar and strolled back along the beach to our hotel while walking into the sunset. Ahh another day tomorrow on the beach and another day in this charming little beach town.

11 comments:

Pondside said...

Good morning - I've come over from Judy's Front Porch, because your title caught my eye. We were just at Cannon Beach last week and I had to laugh at your comment about husbands and blackberries, as that was part of my post about our visit to the beach - too funny!
Isn't it just one of the most beautiful places?

Von said...

What wonders a temperate climate can do with a hanging basket of flowers! Every year I admire those beauties when we visit the beach.

Kathy said...

I've never been to the Pacific Northwest but I think I need to someday! Glad to hear you are feeling better and ready to enjoy some time with your hubby. ~Kathy

nanatrish said...

What a wonderful little town! I'm so sorry everyone got sick. The flowers in that place are just gorgeous. I know you would have loved to hang out there for days and days. I would too.

Vee said...

It all sounds good after the weekend bug was over. That's awful! Looks as if you're all having a great time at the beach. What a quaint little town and the flowers are amazing. Keep having fun!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

It all sounds idyllic, once you recovered from the bug that is. Such a pretty little town...lots of colorful flowers.

Charm and Grace said...

What a lovely looking place to shop... your photos are really wonderful. I chuckled at the thought of the men on benches with blackberries. I am doing some catching up after an extended break. Your little grans are still so precious.

Blessings,
Christi

Proud Italian Cook said...

I've been to Cannon beach several times and each time I see it I want to cry. I love that ocean view with the enormous rocks! I had the best cappucino I ever had at a coffe shop in one of those courtyards, did you see it? I'm ready to go back right now!!

Judy said...

What a wonderful place to vacation...but so sorry you had to deal with the flu. Hope it ended on a perfect note!

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello darling and thank you for visiting my cottage and for leaving kind words behind, much appreciated. You have a lovely blog full of interesting posts and beautiful photos, I will be back on my off day to read some more. I joined your followers and placed a link to your blog on my beau-TEA-ful friends blog. Please stop by and visit me again and next time if you have a moment, please stop and join my followers also. I am looking forward to our future afternoon tea get-togethers.

Duchess xx

Baby photos are utterly adorable, God Bless.

Bunny Jean said...

Okay, I am nearly in tears now... I so miss "home". I now live in Texas, and that is great... for native Texans. They are a proud and loyal people. But NOTHING compares to the Pacific Northwest, rain or shine. It is a beautiful place to garden...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Playlist