Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Sabbatical

(Photo credit: Shaun Botterill/Getty Images)
AP Photo/Bob Bukaty
United States' Michael Phelps, Garret Weber-Gale and Jason lezak, bottom, celebrate winning the gold medal in the men's 4x100-meter freestyle relay final during the swimming competitions in the National Aquatics Center at the Beijing 2008 Olympics in Beijing, Monday


It was so wonderful to see our guys come from second place to pull out a gold, thanks to an amazing effort by Jason Lezak! Of coarse they all did a great job, but Lezak's
finish was so spectacular. I have been glued to the TV almost all weekend enjoying the games! How about you?

8 comments:

MARIA said...

Congratulations!

Vee said...

No, haven't watched any of it, but I enjoy reading about it. I think it's fun to "hear" the enthusiasm in a blogger's words. Keep enjoying them...they're gone all too soon.

Dorothy said...

Oh we are loving the games...last night when our guys won the relay race...my husband and I were hollering and cheering them on...Go for them...the French were putting the word out that they would smash the USA....sweet win!!!

Strider said...

It is habit forming for sure! I've really been enjoying the events, and, the positive coverage of president Bush for a change. How unity (in this case the Olymipics and country) seems to spin a more positive atmosphere.

Charm and Grace said...

Yes, it's been a very exciting olympics so far. We are loving the coverage and getting to see the beautiful architecture there in China, as well as learning more about the culture.

Blessings,
Christi

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

Go, USA!

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I could never stand to wear gardening gloves, because of the bulkiness, but I finally got mechanics' gloves, and they work amazingly well. I can work easily in them. I got them at Home Depot, I think, right in amongst the gardening gloves.

Nadine said...

Loving the Olympics - I'm feeling the American pride in our team.

Knitting Mania said...

GO USA!!!!! Yay for Phelps.. I haven't seen too much of the games, but I did catch the opening ceremonies last Friday night, fantastic show!!!!

Sissy

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Playlist